Convener – Rev Drew Barrie
- To maintain an overall focus for mission in congregations and to highlight its fundamental relationships with worship, service, education and nurture
- To support continued Christian development in congregations through resourcing and encouraging growth of educated and equipped disciples.
- To take the lead in resourcing mission to the under 40s.
- To promote good missional practice through holding events where practitioners share ideas and experiences.
- To provide a framework for pastoral support as required for: Parish Ministers, Readers, OLMs, Auxiliary Ministers, Deacons, Locums, Retired Ministers, MDS, locally employed parish workers and the congregations in which they are deployed.
- To promote recruitment to all ministries.
- To provide pastoral support as required and supervision for candidates for all ministries during their training and up to their appointment or ordination.
- To ensure that adequate support is given through named individuals to those in ministry in their first five years.
- To approve Ministers’ applications for Study Leave.
- To provide training for Interim Moderators and Worship Leaders.